Transparency and Clinical Trials in the EU
Date(s) - 17/10/2019
13:00 CEST - 15:00 CEST
Since 2013, the European Parliament and other European Union (EU) institutions have endorsed reforms of clinical trial regulations that would ensure greater transparency and accountability. However, implementation of these essential amendments is being hindered due to a lack of commitment from a number of key actors.
Join Health Action International and TranspariMED for a public discussion on the EU Clinical Trial Regulation and how it contributes to greater transparency. We will try to find answers to the following questions:
- How can we ensure that transparency is enforced?
- How can relevant stakeholders best utilise open and transparent clinical trial data for the benefit of patients?
- What role should be played by the EU institutions?
- How would recent efforts aimed at achieving greater transparency in R&D data link to greater accountability for clinical trials?
- Fergus Sweeney | Head of Inspections, Human Medicines Pharmacovigilance and Committees Division, European Medicines Agency
- Kristof Bonnarens | Policy Officer Pharmaceuticals, European Commission, DG Sante
- Sylvia de Haan | Head of External Affairs & Geographic Groups’ Support, Cochrane
- Rachel Cooper | Director, Transparency International Health Initiative
- Till Bruckner | Founder, TranspariMED
- Jaume Vidal | Senior Policy Advisor, Health Action International
- Moderator: Rita Kessler | European Advocacy Officer, Prescrire
Please register by 11 October using following link: http://bit.ly/TransparentTrials
Event Language is English, translation into French is offered. Light lunch will be provided.