Become a donor or member and support our work to advance access to medicines. For everyone. Everywhere
Programme development and evaluation Manager
Looking for a job that makes a real difference? Then HAI may be the place for you! We are passionate about improving the health and wellbeing of all people worldwide through research and evidence-based advocacy and communications. We are a diverse organisation with people from different backgrounds, countries, and ages.
WHAT IS THE ROLE?
The Programme Development and Evaluation Manager is responsible for the planning, monitoring and evaluation (PME) of HAIs projects, as well as the development of programmes and fundraising. During the implementation phase of programmes, you will assist Project Managers with donor compliance and data collection, and analysis for reporting and programme strengthening purposes. Working on a wide range of projects, you will liaise directly with funders toensure that donor requirements are met at partner and at HAI level.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for somebody who doesn’t shy away from a full and diverse list of responsibilities and is not afraid of complicated multi-partner programmes or budgets. You must be flexible and have the ability and willingness to travel intercontinentally. Importantly, you must be committed to HAI’s values. Moreover:
- You have a relevant graduate degree;
- You have at least five years’ experience in PME management, fundraising and donor liaison;
- You master the general principles of effective management, such as prioritisation in times of high demand, being pragmatic and realistic, and being politically sensitive;
- You have extensive experience with European Union programmes and therefore familiarity with PRAG compliance;
- You have experience with developing PME frameworks, including tools and Theories of Change;
- You have a proven track record in design and writing of winning grant proposals responding to grant solicitations, often times co-created with local partners;
- You have affinity with budget development and monitoring;
- You have pro-active and hands-on mentality, next to being a strategic thinker;
- You have the ability to speak and write fluently in English. Dutch and/or French is a plus;
- You have experience with developing and facilitating workshops in the field of PME and grant management;
- You have a valid residence and work permit for the Netherlands.
What will you be doing?
- Identify, develop and lead fundraising endeavours for all existing and future programmes.
- Identify, build and maintain relationships with potential donors and partners, in collaboration with HAI Project Managers and directors.
- Ensure that that programmes are implemented according to various donor requirements (incl. DG INTPA PRAG 2020, and the Netherlands MoFA) and provide guidance to HAI and partners.
- Ensure qualitative and timely reporting to donors, including via IATI and EU donor portals.
- Contribute to the strategic thinking on programme development, scaling and resource mobilisation related to HAI core expertise.
- Develop and implement practical PME tools and methodologies, and provide guidance to local partners in their implementation.
- Build, develop, review and monitor the implementation of Theory’s of Change, logical frameworks, overarching PME frameworks, and in some cases budgets.
- Work closely and in collaboration with the HAI team.
What are we offering?
- A one year contract in scale 10 based on the CAO Sociaal Werk, starting asap, with the possibility of an extension after one year;
- Regional, national and international travel may be required.
- We are currently working hybrid (50% in the office in Amsterdam and 50% at home).
Email your letter of motivation and CV to Raquel De Jesús-Wind (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 30 September 2023. A shortlist of applicants will be contacted by email and undergo an interview in the first round. Please note that we can only consider applicants who are legally entitled to work in the Netherlands for this role.
Date: 12-09-2023 | Download PDF.
HAI is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Commercial inquiries or job postings are not appreciated or accepted regarding this vacancy.
ABOUT HEALTH ACTION INTERNATIONAL:
Health Action International (HAI) is a non-profit organisation that conducts research and advocacy to advance policies that enable access to medicines and rational medicine use for all people around the world. We pursue advocacy from the patient level up to the highest levels of government through our ‘official relations’ status with the World Health Organization and respected relationship with the European Medicines Agency. To safeguard our objectivity and integrity, we are resolutely independent of the pharmaceutical industry and protect ourselves from all other conflicts of interest.
Find more about HAI’s current work and project areas on our website.