Thank you for your interest in joining Health Action International. We are currently recruiting for the following position:
Posted: 16 February, 2017 | Application deadline: 28 February, 2017 | Download PDF
Reports to: Executive Director, Stichting Health Action International (HAI)
Line Managed By: Executive Director, Stichting Health Action International
Hours: Full time (36 hours/week)
Period: 1 year (with possibility of extension)
Salary: €3,028 per month based on a 36-hour work week (scale 9/5)
Health Action International (HAI) is the only non-governmental organisation that is entirely dedicated to strengthening medicines policy to improve public health. Our staff and global network of independent experts in 70 countries share information and expertise to solve medicines access and use problems around the world. We want all people to receive the right medicine, in the right dose, for the right amount of time, at a price they can afford. We are a non-profit, independent non-governmental organisation (foundation) based in Amsterdam with a sub-office in Brussels.
The Policy Advisor’s main role is to assist with HAI’s European advocacy and campaign work in Europe and maintain HAI’s commitments to European campaign work as laid out in the annual work plan and/or donor work plan and to lead on Trade and R&D.
The Policy Advisor will work closely with the other European Policy Advisor, Communications Team, Research Manager and the Programme Monitoring and Evaluation Officer in pursuance of the primary goals of the project.
The Policy Advisor will be line-managed and report to the Executive Director and be primarily located in Amsterdam. S/he will also cooperate with the HAI network and international partners.
- Trade, innovation and access to medicines (intellectual property);
- Implement funded advocacy and campaign activities, monitor those activities, and ensure that donor requirements are met within agreed timeframes;
- Actively participate in meetings, conferences and in the media on behalf of HAI or identify appropriate members to represent HAI;
- Assist with fundraising and reporting for own projects (i.e., quarterly reports, annual report to members and donor reports);
- In collaboration with the Executive Director and other project staff, maintain budget oversight of own projects.
- Master’s degree in pharmaceutical sciences, public health, health policy, political sciences, or similar;
- Networking and lobbying experience is essential;
- Driven, enthusiastic and the ability to motivate others;
- Ability to successfully work both individually and as a team member;
- High standard of both written and spoken English;
- Knowledge of other EU languages is an advantage;
- Fluency of Dutch is an advantage;
- Hard-working, collaborative, passionate about making a difference, and committed to HAI’s values and principles;
- Master the general principles of effective management, such as prioritising in times of high demand, being pragmatic and realistic, and being politically sensitive;
- Ability to travel up to 30% of time.
Conditions of employment
- The position is full-time (36 hours/week) for one year (with the possibility of extension).
- The salary will be according the CAO Welzijn and Maatschappelijke Dienstverlening.
- The salary will be €3,028 per month (gross) based on a 36-hour work week.
- The position will be based in Amsterdam with international travel and a close liaison with the Brussels office.
A letter of motivation and CV should be sent to Ms Raquel De Jesús-Wind (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 28 February, 2017. Applicants will be contacted by email, and a shortlist of applicants will undergo two rounds of interviews.
Only applicants who are legally entitled to work in the European Union will be considered.
HAI is an equal opportunity employer.
Commercial inquiries or job postings are not appreciated or accepted regarding this vacancy.