Thank you for your interest in joining Health Action International’s team. We currently have the following open position:
POSITION: Digital Communications Officer
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Fixed Term
The Digital Communications Officer will be responsible for the day to day upkeep of HAI’s social media platforms and website. Working in close cooperation with the Communications Manager and Communications Advisor, they will ensure that all channels are regularly updated with engaging and relevant content that contributes to, and enhances, the fulfilment of organisational and project goals. As part of a small, high performing team, they will have the flexibility to step in to support project teams in a range of areas, from the design and formatting of reports, to organisation of events.
- Maintain and update the HAI website, including sourcing visual materials, stories and other engaging content, and the regular posting of new and consistent information.
- Maintain and update HAI social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn), creating timely content across, a range of programme areas, that helps to grab and to grow our audiences. This includes—but is not limited to—infographics, videos and podcasts.
- Provide regular and accurate social media and web analytics, offer advice and ideas to improve engagement and reach of core messages based on results.
- Ensure consistent use of the HAI brand and terminology, throughout our digital channels and beyond.
- Edit, format and design HAI reports, fact sheets and other policy documents, working in close cooperation with project officers.
- Provide support in the planning and execution of public events, Facebook Live seminars and other webinars, holding the pen on promotional activities ahead of the event, as well as technical and communications expertise on the day of the event.
- Where necessary, write and/or edit a range of communication materials, including press releases, statements and op-eds.
- Support HAI’s fundraising activities.
- General administrative duties as required.
- The Digital Communications Officer will work in close collaboration with HAI staff located in Amsterdam, as well as partner organisations in a range of countries.
- The Digital Communications Officer will be line-managed by the Communications Manager.
- They will report to the HAI Executive Director.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or related field, along with three years of relevant digital communications experience.
- Experience maintaining WordPress websites. Knowledge of PHP, other content management systems and Google Analytics a plus.
- Expertise in developing and executing social media (marketing) strategies and contributing to the achievement of organisational goals through the creation of engaging content.
- Strong graphic design skills with experience using Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Publisher or other relevant programmes.
- Ability to speak and write fluently in English. Dutch is a plus.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, including strong attention to detail and excellent grammar and spelling.
- Previous experience working in the health/medicines field (particularly on pharmaceutical policy analysis) and in a non-profit organisation, an asset.
- Hard-working, collaborative, passionate about making a difference, and committed to HAI’s values.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- The position is full-time (36 hours/week), starting on 1 June 2019 (with the possibility of an extension after one year).
- The salary will be based on Scale 8, Line 4 of the CAO Sociaal Werk, currently €2,858 gross/month based on a 36-hour work week.
- The duty station is Amsterdam.
- Regional, national and international travel may be required.
Email your letter of motivation and CV to Raquel De Jesús-Wind (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 12 April 2019. A shortlist of applicants will be contacted by email and undergo one interview. Please note that we can only consider applicants who are legally entitled to work in the European Union for this role.
HAI is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.