Thank you for your interest in joining Health Action International’s team. We are currently recruiting for the following positions:
Download PDF | 30 January 2019
POSITION: Research Assistant
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Fixed-term (0.56 FTE)
|Reports to||Tim Reed, Executive Director|
|Line managed by||Gaby Ooms, Research Manager|
|Location||Amsterdam, The Netherlands|
|Hours||20 hours/week (0.56 FTE)|
|Period||5 months, starting 1 February, 2019|
|Salary||Scale 6/7 on the CAO Sociaal Werk, €2,643 gross/calendar month for 1 FTE at starting date|
ABOUT HEALTH ACTION INTERNATIONAL
Health Action International (HAI) is the only non-governmental organisation that is entirely dedicated to strengthening medicines policy to improve public health. Our staff and global network of independent experts in 70 countries share information and expertise to solve medicines access and use problems around the world. We want all people to receive the right medicine, in the right dose, for the right amount of time, at a price they can afford. We are non-profit, independent and based in Amsterdam with an office in Brussels.
The Assistant will support the Research Manager and will be involved in several projects, such as International Controlled Essential Medicines (ICEMs), Health Systems Advocacy (HSA) Partnership (Sexual and Reproductive Health Commodities), Snakebite Envenoming, and European Union (EU) Policy Projects.
- Take minutes during meetings
- Support organisation of a four-day stakeholder meeting
- Review and revise research tools
- Data input and cleaning
- Write ethical approval applications
- Support organisation of data collection and analysis training
- Data input and cleaning
- Any other activities that may arise
- Support organisation of activities and meetings
- Support the EU team with Dutch translations
- Attend Dutch NGO network meetings
- The Research Assistant will work in close collaboration with the HAI team in Amsterdam.
- The Research Assistant will be line-managed by Gaby Ooms, Research Manager.
- S/he will report to the HAI Executive Director.
- Knowledge/understanding of data analysis and medicines is necessary;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Quick learner with the ability to work under minimum supervision;
- Ability to prioritise work tasks and work to short deadlines;
- Ability to operate within an administratively fast-moving environment;
- Flexible and able to juggle multiple tasks at once;
- Respect HAI values and principles.
- Just or almost graduated from University;
- High standard of written and spoken Dutch (native Dutch speaker preferred);
- High standard of written and spoken English. Other European languages are an advantage;
- Be able to start immediately.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- The position is part-time (20 hours/week = 0.56 FTE) for 5 months starting February, 2019;
- The salary will be based on Scale 6, Line 7 of the CAO Sociaal Werk, €2,643 gross/month for 1FTE at starting date.
- The duty station is Amsterdam.
Email your letter of motivation and CV to HAI’s office manager, Raquel De Jesús-Wind (firstname.lastname@example.org), as soon as possible. A shortlist of applicants will be contacted by email.
Only applicants who are legally entitled to work in the EU will be considered for this role. HAI is an equal opportunity employer.
Commercial inquiries or job postings for this position are not appreciated and will not be accepted.